Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Field Report: Slim Jim on The Jolar Cinema in San Diego














Doc here with the first answer to my request for more adult theater reports.  First time reporter Slim Jim has filed a report on one of The Good Doctor's favorite adult theaters: The Jolar Cinema in San Diego.

Good to have you aboard, Slim Jim!  Here is his report:

***
Hi Doctor,

I enjoy reading your Journal and appreciate you taking the time away from your busy practice for it. I was at the Jolar Cinema this weekend, and I thought I would share a few a few thoughts.  I hope it is helpful.

Jolar Cinema
6321 University Ave, San Diego, CA
I have been visiting the Jolar Cinema in San Diego recently.  My impression: a very clean and well run place.  The staff  is courteous and  helpful. For example, I observed a man who was at the counter asking the clerk if there was a drinking fountain anywhere.  The clerk answered “no”,  but then comped him a  bottle of chilled water.  That was cool.

All the patrons I saw were well behaved.  I noticed what appeared to be a fair number of regulars milling about and  the assorted gay cruisers of course.  Everyone I saw was being discreet and respectful of others. I didn’t see any real hot couples action there but  I did overhear some first hand accounts that there is, usually during the week.

The few couples I have seen there were being left alone by the penis gallery.  I think the large, high backed chairs are responsible for this. They create a space for the couple.  Getting  close is difficult for those inclined to “self inviting”.  I went last night Saturday around 10 pm. Stayed briefly. One couple was leaving as I entered.

Be nice if the two theaters were bigger.  They are not auditoriums - just viewing rooms.  This is the rule not the exception for these places I guess. I also wish they would show movies with a plot (if they still make them).  I think that would appeal to couples more.

Regards,
Slim Jim

***

Doc here again... Now this is how you get it done.  A no-nonsense Field Report that is fact heavy and opinionated.  Thanks again to Slim Jim, and we look forward to his next installment!

Thanks,
Doc