Sunday, September 12, 2010

House Call: The Good Doctor Plunges Into Michigan: Romantix in Battle Creek

Doc here with a long overdue entry in the "House Calls" section of The Journal of Adult Theaters. I am backed up with several House Calls, but I have decided to go in reverse order in getting them on the site.As many of you know, The Good Doctor travels the nation with his practice. Coast to coast, border to border. Bada-bing, bada-boom. As I visit the many cities and towns in this great country, I dive into the dark underbelly of each locale. Utilizing the resources of the extensive database housed inside the control room of my practice (in the Valley near the small women's college), I will locate the nearest adult theater and (if possible) visit and report on my findings.
Two weeks ago, The Good Doctor found himself driving north to the state of Michigan.  During this trip, I calculated that I would be able to hit two adult theaters: Romantix in Battle Creek, and the Cini-Mini II in Grand Rapids.  This House Call is focused on Romantix.

The Lizardo 3000 was gassed up and before I knew it, I pulled into the parking lot of Romantix...
The set up of Romantix is pretty interesting.  Parking is located at the rear of the business, and is well-lit and discreet.  You enter down a set of stairs that will plop you right in the middle of the ABS.  The small DVD section lies in the middle between the large arcade area to your left, and the toy/novelty showroom to your right. 

To enter the theater area, one must stop and buy a pass card (like an ATM card) to gain entrance to the theater.  The good news: It's only $6! (The lowest adult theater price I have run across in the country). The Good Doctor slid his card through and presto-chango, I was in. 

From the outside, I surmised that the theater had to be of decent size (my best guess was the size of Airport Video in Seattle).  In all actuality (and the reason I'm a doctor and not a psychic), the theater measured maybe 20'x15'.  The theater has 12 theater-style chairs, and some ample standing room.  The movies are shown on a large screen TV, which provides enough illumination. 
Robin of
"When I Feel Naughty"
For some background on Romantix, this theater (along with a few others) was the setting for the videos of Robin from "When I Feel Naughty" fame back almost 10 years ago.  It's possible the theater was bigger back then (if any of the readers of The Journal has more info, please e-mail me). So, needless to say, I was a bit disappointed in the size of the theater. 

Now the good news:  When I entered, I saw immediately that there was a couple involved in the 2nd row.  A 30-something brunette with long hair in a ponytail was stark naked with the exception of a black g-string.  Standing in front of her was her guy friend, who was quite a bit older than she.  The brunette has a slim athletic body, and looked a bit like Stephanie Zimbalist.  She was giving her friend a wet, noisy blow job.  After a few minutes of this attention, he blasted away in her mouth. Following this display they got dressed in rear-record time and vacated the premises.
Now please keep in mind this was a Wednesday night...Not a typical hot night in western Michigan. 
Pros

  • Safe and discreet parking behind store

  • Very reasonable admission to theater ($6)

  • Very clean store and theater

  • Very friendly staff

  • Couples friendly
Cons

  • Theater is tiny

  • Arcade very dark

  • Tuesday and Thursday Gay films only (this blog is focused on hetero adult theater fun, thus the "con")
Rating
Highly Recommended
***
Next House Call up will be the Cini-Mini II in Grand Rapids.

Thanks,
Doc