Saturday, February 15, 2020

A Quick Note About Visit Announcements from The Good Doctor

Doc here with a quick note about Visit Announcements here at The Journal. 

The Good Doctor does his best when posting adult theater visits from people I either know personally, or people with whom I have at least have some sort of communication history.  This has proven to be very effective over time.

In the early days of The Journal, I was stung on multiple instances by fakes claiming they'd show up at a theater, and later to be discovered they were frauds. It took awhile, but your old friend in the white suit and aviators wised up and implemented the current policy, and a one-strike and you're done approach.

Now, there have been several cases where Visit Announcements have been cancelled ahead of time, for many reasons.  It happens. I get the cancellation notice out, and everyone understands. It's the right thing to do. 

Last night (2/14/20), I promoted a visit several days ahead of time in San Diego at Barnett Ave. Superstore. Everything was on track, and followed up on Wednesday to make sure all was a go. All good I was told. Without going into details, they no-showed Friday night, which is unfortunate. 

I pride myself on my reputation, and a no-show on something I put my name to occured.  I apologize to all the guys that showed up last night at Barnett Ave. for what should have been a fun night. 

There are some great couples in San Diego that visit Barnett Ave. and have a GREAT time, and I will promote the hell out of their next visits (Bad Barbi, I'm looking at you!). 

We now return to regular programming.

Thanks,
Doc