Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Return of OldBeatNik! Winter Theater Overview & More









Like the swallows returning to Capastrano, OldBeatNik has returned to The Good Doctor's Journal.  His report, originally posted at the BrentsTheaterTails Yahoo Group, is now faithfully reposted for your viewing pleasure.

Take it away, OBN!
***
Hi guy, welcome back. I hope all is well with you. My report since we last wrote:

I went to the Lido in Dallas Tex. on a Saturday night last Xmas time. There were 8-10 couples there, 3 or 4 of them playing. I went with a woman I met on line. The Lido is still one of the premiere theaters in the country. Clean, spacious, friendly. The only complaint is the theater is too dark to really see any action among the patrons. Also something new, at least to me, a clerk told me single men are now allowed in on couples only weekends by paying $150.

Then I went to the Adult Theater in Biloxi Ms. Another nice place, comfortable couches, lit enough to see the action, if any, in the theater. The nights I was there no couples on a Fri. 2 on Sat. neither played.

Then I went to Cinema Blue in Birmingham, Al. It is a terrible place, uncomfortable and broken theater seats, a horrendous mens bathroom, and very dark theater, where you need a pen light to see any action. But for some reason it does get action. There is usually a couple there every night of the week, and several couples on the weekends. There is a yahoo group for the theater and it generates interest and action.

So to recap, bring a pen light to the Lido and Cinema Blue, get comfortable at the theater in Biloxi, but don't expect to see much action there. Be prepared to be grossed out by Cinema Blue, but also you have a good chance of seeing some action there. Hopefully I will get to some of the bookstores/theaters here in Ga. where I am spending the next month or so.

Take care all, play safe and be polite.
-OBN
***
Thanks OBN!  Great report!  We look forward to your future reports... Editor's note:  OBN is one of The Good Doctor's longest running contributors, thus he was awarded with his own logo.  Congrats OBN!

-Doc