Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A Quick Note From The Good Doctor


Doc here with a quick note to you, the good readers and reporters here at The Journal. 

The vision I had for The Journal when launching it in 2009 was to provide a national (and international) platform for reports, reviews, profiles, and memories of this thing of ours.  The cornerstone of The Journal is the hard work of the reporters and their submissions.  Our field reporters are our eyes and ears as to what is happening in the adult theater scene.

The Journal is a sum of its parts.  Whether the reports are short, long, detailed, or overviewed, they are all important.  When it comes to reports, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

To give you a peak behind my curtain, I’d like to share the following… The Good Doctor may come across as a crusty old veteran of this thing of ours, but in actuality my eyes light up every time a report hits my in box. 

I am a lucky Sicilian indeed. Almost every day is like Christmas, as I open up my presents/reports, tear away the wrapping paper, and dig deep into them.  And for this, I am deeply appreciative to everyone who takes the time to type up a report for your old friend in the white suit. 

I have edited well over 1,400 reports, and hope to continue to do so for many years (or until my supply of Bloody Mary’s run out).  So to each and every one of you who has submitted a report, currently submits reports, or plans to submit a report: Thank you!

You are The Journal of Adult Theaters.

Doc