Saturday, November 23, 2013

Flash Report! The Cunning Linguist Hits Talk of the Town Video in Niagara Falls, NY


Doc here, a man some say can walk a tightrope across the parking lot of two different Chinese buffets, with a terrific Flash Report from regular contributor, The Cunning Linguist.
 
Once again he reports from my old stomping ground, Buffalo/Niagara Falls, NY, and had filed this report.
 
There is a lesson to be learned from this report. Pay close attention.
 
Here we go...
 
***
 
Hello Doc,
 
It has been too long since I contributed to your noble blog, but The Oral Reporter's recently-reported encounter with my friend The Librarian triggered this note.

 
This note goes to show how how things can work if you are clean, polite, and not a jerk.
 
Talk of the Town
Niagara Falls, NY
As you know, most of my play time is day time, and recently I was at TOTT (Talk Of The Town) in Niagara Falls, NY, early one afternoon.  Aside from the few confused folks in the theatre, I was just being patient. In my suit and tie, clean shaven and showered, I stand out from the various Mr. Sweatpants that are usually present at TOTT.
 
In walks a couple.  Mid-40's-ish. They sit down and settle in.  I wait about 15 minutes or so and then take a seat in the row behind them.  I then wait about another 5 minutes and then lean forward and ask if they would mind if I came up to sit with them.
 
He responds, somewhat sternly, that they would mind.  I say back to them no problem, nice to meet you and have a nice afternoon.  I then go back to the row I came from.
 
About 10 minutes later they leave, and about 30 seconds after that he comes back in, taps my shoulder, and asks if I can talk outside. With some trepidation I agree, hoping to not get into something.
 
Lo and behold, we step out in the ABS portion of the TOTT, and she's out there too.  They proceed to tell me that they appreciated my politeness and respect in the theatre and we exchanged contact info. We've met since then for week-day trysts.  Turns out they are a FWB couple, and she's a lot of fun.
 
Just goes to prove that you never know what may transpire with this thing of ours.
 
Until then, stay horny my friends.
 
Your loyal scribe,

 
The Cunning Linguist

 
PS: The day time clerk at TOTT is a fantastic lady.  She runs a tight ship, and that is a good thing.
 
CL
 
***
 
Doc here again... Many thanks to The Cunning Linguist for another terrific report from my old stomping grounds in upstate NY. Keep them coming, sir!
 
Thanks,
Doc